In recent years, the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Government of Pakistan has taken several initiatives to improve both access to and quality of higher education. The establishment of the Accreditation Councils is a major step towards improving the quality and bringing it at par with the international standards. Accreditation is both about quality assurance and quality improvement. Accreditation process determines the minimum acceptable educational standard. The Higher Education Commission established the National Agriculture Education Accreditation Council (NAEAC) in 2007 having representation of experts from agricultural universities and research institutions, leading industries and R&D institutions in public and private sectors.
Developing a dynamic and evolving mechanish of quality assurance of agriculture education to meet the current and emerging challenges of knowldege economy.
i- Administer the accreditation process based on the approved policies, procedures and criteria;
- ii- Maintain a roster of highly qualified and experienced evaluators, and constitute Accreditataion Inspection Committee (AIC) of evaluators for the accrediation of
agriculture education institutions and their accredited degree programs.
- iii- Collect, compile and develop a database of agriculture education institutions and their accredited degree programs.
- iv- Promote and Publish pertinent information on the need and vlaue of accreditation as well as ranking/rating of agriculture degree programs.
i- Organize and carryout comprehensive accreditaion of agriculture programs leading to degrees/diplomas based on approved policies, procedures and criteria, and
publish a list of ranking of degree programs.
- ii- Develop accrediation policies, processes, guidelines, and procedures for program evaluators.
- iii- Approve the list of evaluators selected through HEC approved criteria to particiapte in the process of accrediation of academic programs and constitute AICs from
approved list of evaluators.
- iv- Develop evaluators training manual/self study material, questionnairs, forms and templates relating to accreditation.
- v- Collect information and statistics on accredited programs of higher education of agriculture and its respective institutions and publish them as deemed necessary.
- i - Agronomy and Crop Physiology
- ii - Plant Breeding and Genetics
- iii - Agricultural Entomology
- iv - Agricultural/ Plant Pathology
- v - Forestry, Range Management and Wildlife
- vi - Horticulture
- vii- Soil and Environmental Science
- viii - Agricultural Economics
- ix - Marketing and Agribusiness
- x - Food Science and Technology
- xi - Agricultural Education and Extension
- xii - Animal Science
- xiii- Weed Science
- xiv - Plant Protection
- xv - Agri Biotechnology
Scope of NAEAC
All agriculture degree programs offering by Public /Private Sector institutions fall under the purview of NAEAC including:
Additional emerging disciplines and degree programs pertaining to the agriculture shall be added in this list in the future for example Agri Bio-technology, etc.